The Special Presidential Recognition highlights excellence among members of WLA who have provided outstanding service to the association and profession of law.
Award and Frequency
The Recognition may consist of a plaque, letter, or object of recognition (vase, bowl, obelisk, etc.). No monetary award will be connected with the Recognition.
Must be an WLA member.
· Nominations from the Board may be made to the WLA President at any time.
· It is the President’s prerogative to move nominations forward to the Board.
· The Board approves any nominations.
Among the possible criteria for the Recognition:
· Transformational impact on the association and/or profession.
· Strategic and compelling advancement of the association and the profession.
· Exemplary or innovative programming or service.
· Levels of effort well beyond normal volunteer commitment and leadership
Recognition may be made at any time deemed appropriate by the board; any reception or ceremony is likewise at the board’s discretion.